Friday, June 28, 2013

The Birthday Boys!

I had so much fun celebrating both Oliver and Chad yesterday for their birthdays.

During the day I took Oliver out by himself for some one on one time. I wanted to spend the day doing things that he loves. So I asked him what he wanted to do, and this is how our morning went:



He wanted to ride his bike at the park.





He enjoyed playing on the playground.


After the park we had to stop by the doctors office for his 2 year wellness visit.



He's a big healthy boy. The doctor was impressed with Oliver's vocabulary, and said that he is estimated to be 6' 5!! 


Oliver requested that we go to the temple. I think it is because I have been talking to him a lot about how Daddy is going to go work on a temple and be gone for a while. We just sat on the grass, sang the temple song and talked about being quiet and reverent.


I took him to a cafe and let him choose whatever he wanted. I gave him the money that his great-grandma Bonney sent him and let him pay for his cinnamon role himself. He really enjoyed that since his favorite show has had a few episodes about the concept of money, saving, counting and buying.



 His last request was to jump on the trampoline. So we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Blaser's house for some trampoline time. This kid sure loves to jump.


I love my boy so much, and had so much fun spending the morning focusing on nothing but enjoying time with him and making him smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**WARNING**
PROUD MOMMY MOMENT

At 2 years old, Oliver:
  • knows all of his colors, letters, and shapes
  • counted to 40 the other day (missing numbers 14 and 16, but got the rest of them!)
  • loves to read books
  • likes to go to Thanksgiving point and ride the horses
  • loves to color, and has just started to color faces
  • he is a very sensitive and loving boy who gives plenty of hugs and kisses!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Birthday Boy #2:


Chad and Oliver share a birthday, which is wonderful, but I wanted to be sure to make the day special for Chad even though (let's face it) Oliver is going to be the main focus on June 27th for the next 16 years or so.

I took Chad out, we rode on the Farris Wheele in Scheels and got Chad a running belt (don't call it a fanny pack- apparently they don't like that) that he can use to train for his marathon in september. We went up to Salt Lake, ate at a little cafe and saw a movie in an old theater that was re-purposed as a movie theater.

I am still very much in love with this man and I am so glad to have him in my life. 

I'm one lucky wife and mother. Happy Birthday Boys!


No comments: